Tuesday, February 27, 2007

After The Oscars

Well, I went 3 for 6 on the predictions I made for who or what was going to win the 79th Edition of the Academy Awards. I guess that's not too bad.

I did think that Eddie Murphy was going to win best supporting actor. I really didn't think Alan Arkin was that good in "Little Miss Sunshine", and again, neither Bonnie or I liked this movie. Little girls are going to want to join the ranks of getting exploited by either their parents or the beauty pageants and the people who get rich off of them....they should be banned!

Here are my misses....

Best picture: "The Departed"















Best Actor: Forrest Whittaker



Best Supporting Actor: Alan Arkin


I missed the 1st part of the program. We were watching the AMC channel and "Tora, Tora, Tora". We went to bed and I turned on the Oscars after Arkin got his award. Ellen came on stage with her statue carrier strapped to her and made reference to Arkin's trophy.

I guess I'm not surprised that Al got the award for best documentary film, especially with all the actors schmoozing around him and offering up all the kudos on how important he and the film are in making us all aware of global warming......it is really? I'm still not convinced. Yes, we are part of the problem, but I'm more concerned about pollution than warming....how about you?

No comments: