Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Shopping For Food, Etc.


We all have to try and save money on our daily expenses. One of the ways I manage to stretch my food dollar is to shop at the 99 Cents Only Stores. I believe they are limited to CA, AZ, and NV (Las Vegas).

All kinds of canned goods, bread, bagels, english muffins, fresh fruit and vegetables, frozen foods, pet food, detergents, cleansers, automotive, tools, eletrical, and all for 99 cents or less! Yes, some of the items are 2 for 99 cents. A six pac of Shasta Soda (both regular and diet) is 99 cents, plus CRV.

Some of the Orange County stores sell 750ML bottles of wine. Call ahead before you go to see if the store has a wine section. We've sampled wines from CA, OR, and WA as well as world wines from South America, France, Turkey and Austrailia. For 99 Cents a bottle, it's worth a try. Each store has a different stock, so not all of the wines are available at any one time. Both reds and whites are stocked. We've yet to be disappointed with our choices on wine.

I guess I'm not alone. Even the "rich" like to save money, because I see Cadillac's, BMW's, SUV's and Mercedes' in the parking lot along with me. If you haven't checked them out, do so.

Think of a breakfast for 4 for $4 (or for 2 for two days)....a dozen eggs, a package of turkey bacon, a loaf of bread for toast, and a package of frozen hash browns.

No comments: